Purple Ice® is a high performance radiator conditioner. Its advanced 2-in-1 corrosion inhibitor and wetting agent provides year-round defense against corrosion. Purple Ice also reduces the surface tension of the radiator coolant to help reduce engine temperatures.
Reduces Coolant Temperatures
Extensive testing confirms Purple Ice reduces coolant temperatures better than comparable products while providing extra corrosion protection. For example, the average operating temperature of a 350 c.i.d. V8 engine (equipped with 160˚ thermostat) when dyno-tested with different coolants are:
Recommended Treat Rate*
For use with antifreeze:
● 1 oz. / quart of cooling system capacity
For straight water applications:
● 2 oz. / quart of cooling system capacity
● *minimum of 20% antifreeze is recommended in street-driven vehicles.
● Reduces surface tension of a coolant allowing more heat to transfer outside the radiator resulting in more horsepower
● Reduces hot spots in the engine and cylinder heads, reducing the possibility of engine failure
● Helps prevent overheating, keeps the system clean and extends the life of the water pump
● Safe to use with water-only or antifreeze/water blends
Tech Tip: Important Precautions: Be sure your cooling system is working properly and that the radiator is free of blockage and corrosion before using Purple Ice. Antifreeze should be properly mixed and filled to manufacturers’ specifications. Distilled water and / or demineralized water should not be used if you elect to run a mixture of straight water and Purple Ice in your radiator.