Royal Purple manufactures only one type of oil filter – the super-premium Extended Life Oil Filter, designed and engineered to match superior particle removal with optimized flow for maximum engine protection and filter life. Built smarter and stronger, Royal Purple synthetic oil filters continuously outperform in the toughest conditions.
The 100% synthetic micro-glass media we use to make Extended Life filters provides superior particle removal – with 99% filtration efficiency at as small as 25 microns. The difference between Royal Purple and conventional oil filters is staggering:
Design and Construction Advantages:
● Each Royal Purple oil filter features thicker shell material for extra strength and extra security against puncture from road debris.
● Provides each oil filter with a positive seal for filter element assembly.
● Center Tube
● Designed to prevents filter element collapse
● 100% screen-backed synthetic media provides superior filtration while keeping flow restriction low.
● By-pass Valve
● Engineered to ensure oil flow in situations of excessive filter element flow restriction.
● Heavy-gauge steel back-plate through each filter for higher burst strength
● Premium nitrile rubber with special lubricity compound reduces torque during installation and removal.
Silicone Anti-drain Back Valve:
● Prevents dry starts by eliminating oil drain-back during shutdown. The anti-drain back valve is made of silicone which outperforms and outlasts standard nitrile rubber in both extreme cold and hot oil temperatures.